Since my babies, the twins, jesters 2 & 3 will be starting Kindergarten this 2011-2012 school year, many people are asking the question, “What are you going to do with all that free time?” I joke and say, “SLEEP!” But, no, I’m not going to do that. I have settled in a couple of commitments already.
- I will be spending a couple of hours, couple of days of the week at my church, as I am the Preschool Choir Director. So, I will be taking some time to prepare the lessons for every Wednesday night.
- Since I had my babies , it was a little difficult to volunteer at the school while the Princess and jester 1 were attending. I would like to spend some of my time as Room Mom or Cooking Mom (which is fun, I was jester 1’s cooking mom when he was in Kindergarten!) Be more involved in each of the kids’ classes this upcoming school year.
I am reading Jon Acuff’s newly published book, Quitter. No, I am not going to quit being a mom, even though some days I want to! Jon gives great key points on how you can still work your day job, while working towards your dream job. He has lived that, and now he is working his dream job.
Obviously, I am not stuck working in a cubicle working 40 plus hours a week. But, I know there is more of me than just folding clothes, wiping noses and rear ends and scraping mysterious food and spills off of the kitchen floor! I still have dreams, talents and gifts that God has blessed me with, that I think I can put into action in this upcoming new season that will occur later this year. Here are the dreams I am working on;
- being more consistent with my blog. Taking it to the level that I would like to see it go.
- I have a children’s book idea in my mind that I would like to tackle.
- Songwriting. This is where a lot of my heart and passion is. Music. Lyrics. I’ve worked on this off and on in the past, but, this is my dream job. So, I am hoping to meet up with my contacts and get a bit more serious with this love of mine!
So, with that, I think my time while all the kids are in school will be well occupied!
I will also be available to meet up for coffee or lunch to! Because being among adults does this “mommy brain” good!